The Canyon Springs 12/1/2015 Hearing has been canceled, Future Hearing expected January 2016. Click here for Town update.
Please stay tuned to SOS Glenshire! We will be very active in the upcoming hearing and encourage your involvement – you helped get this far! The FEIR process is costly, and we appreciate donations of any amount – Donate Here
FINAL HEARING CALL TO ACTION
We need community members to attend and speak at the November 16 & 17 hearing on Canyon Springs, and to write to the Planning Commission in advance of the hearings! This is our ONE CHANCE to have a voice.
Send written comments to Denyelle Nishimori at firstname.lastname@example.org. Comments received by 5 PM on Monday, November 9, will be included in the Planning Commission’s written packet in advance of the hearings. But even if you miss that deadline, please make sure you send in your comments! They will still be posted on the Town’s website, and will be part of the public record.
FINAL HEARING ON CANYON SPRINGS
- Monday, November 16, and Tuesday, November 17, 6 PM
- Truckee Town Hall Council Chambers
Resources for Writing Your Letter and Speaking at the Hearing
Top Facts on Canyon Springs
Tips for Public Speaking
Timeline for Canyon Springs/Tahoe Boca Development
The Final Environmental Impact Report (FEIR) for the proposed Canyon Springs development has been released, and you can access it and learn more by clicking here. The Town will have CDs available for purchase upon request. Please note that all written public comment received prior to 5:00 p.m. on Monday, November 9, 2015 will be included in the Planning Commission staff report. Written comments can be submitted to Planning Manager, Denyelle Nishimori, 10183 Truckee Airport Road, Truckee, CA 96161, Fax: 530-582-7889, or email@example.com
Join us next Thursday, November 5, from 6 to 7:30 pm, at the Glenshire Clubhouse for a community meeting with SOS Glenshire and MAP in advance of the final Planning Commission hearings. We will be providing updates and coordinating our canvassing and speaking campaigns, and we appreciate community involvement!
The final hearing on Canyon Springs is Monday, November 16 and Tuesday, November 17, 6pm Truckee Town Hall, and we need your presence to help us tell the Truckee Planning Commission why Canyon Springs, as proposed, is inconsistent with the Truckee General Plan, why it’s bad for the environment and wildlife, and why it’s wrong for Truckee. Whether you’re willing to speak or not, we need your support at the meeting. Please plan to join us there on both nights!
This isn’t isn’t just about Glenshire — it’s about our vision for the Town of Truckee, and whether we want to set a precedent for sprawl, traffic, fire hazards and irreversible wildlife impacts. Please help us spread the word to all Truckee residents!
SOSG & MAP do not support the Canyon Springs 185+ unit project as proposed. It will bring unavoidable & detrimental environmental impacts to the Truckee region.
The Final EIR Hearing is expected to be November 16th & 17th, 6pm at Town Hall.
SOSG & MAP will host a Community Update & Action Meeting November 5th, 6pm at the Glenshire Clubhouse.
Click here: Fish Wildlife 10 06 15 draft agenda
When: October 6, 2015, 6 pm
Where: Sanitary District Board Room, 12304 Joerger Road, Truckee, CA
SOSG & MAP do not support the Canyon Springs 185+ unit project as proposed.
Canyon Springs will bring unavoidable & detrimental environmental impacts to the Truckee region.
- Truckee General Plan, Land Use Chart 7 defines this type of development as SPRAWL!
- Sets a precedent for future sprawl and growth inducing impacts on adjacent Teel property in Unincorporated Nevada County!
- Canyon Springs proposes 8 phases, 20 years of construction traffic & 2,500+ vehicle trips per day!
- If approved the Loyalton-Truckee Deer herd and migration corridor will be negatively impacted forever! This is an unavoidable impact under CEQA that cannot be mitigated to a less than significant finding.
- The environmental analysis relies on outdated and inaccurate studies for traffic, biology and water quality data review!
- The environmental analysis had NO discussion of impacts to Glenshire Lake!
HELP SOSG & MAP stop Sprawl! The environment, people and wildlife deserve better!
We need your help! Click here to Pledge your Support!
Canyon Springs proposed development FINAL HEARING expected this October! A must attend meeting to have your voice heard and show support in our efforts!
The Canyon Springs Final EIR release is still expected in August or September 2015. We need your support NOW:
- Plan to attend the Final Hearing/Planning Commission Hearing (to be announced)
- Make a monetary Pledge. If the project is approved, we have only 10 days to file an appeal with Truckee Town Council. Then if approved by Town Council, we have only 30 days to file suit with Superior Court. We will need funds immediately after the first hearing to hire legal and expert consul.
Please click here to Pledge – These pledges will be collected only if needed for litigation or support of open space preservation regarding the proposed Canyon Springs project.
Thank You! Together we can work toward the correct outcome!
Canyon Springs Final Hearing expected this summer! Last opportunity for concerned citizens to comment on this 185+ unit housing development. Click on Cyn Springs = SPRAWL ad for more info: Continue reading “Canyon Springs Final Hearing”